Hadley Rille Books Call for Submissions
Book Title: Ruins Excavation
Editors: Eric T. Reynolds & Rose Reynolds
Publisher: Hadley Rille Books
Formats: Ebook, Print, and maybe Audio.
Genre: An anthology of Fantasy, Science Fiction, Romance, Historical, and Mainstream stories with an Archaeology theme.
I'll keep it simple and let you, the author, figure out how to do it, but there are some requirements to follow. (Note, these are *requirements* so if these aren't satisfied, then I can't accept the story, even if it's fantastically fantastic.) How you want to handle these requirements is up to you, just make it good!
1) The protagonist is a Woman of Color who is an Archaeologist. (The cover art will reflect this.)
2) The protagonist will encounter/be working in Ruins somewhere on Earth.
3) These ruins can be on anywhere on Earth. Real or Fictitious ruins are fine. (If you set your story in known ruins, do your homework!)
5) The story can be from 1500 to 6000 words.
6) Will begin accepting stories on 1-Oct-2013.
7) Deadline for stories: 28-Feb-2014.
8) Send the story in .rtf format as an attachment to this address (without the spaces): RuinsExcavation [at] gmail [dot] com
* Payment: a small advance of $20, and royalties if the book earns out.
* Realistic protagonist preferred; avoid the kick-ass fantasy woman in revealing outfit wearing heels variety.
* Consider all ages for the protagonist's age; i.e. she doesn't have to be a young person.
* We are soon launching an indiegogo fundraiser. Some of this book might be funded from that.
* We expect to have our selections made, and final replies back to all the authors of the submissions by early spring 2014.
This book will be the fourth in our series of Ruins anthologies. The last one was published in 2008 and we're happy to be continuing with these again.
Hadley Rille Books